This is a good venue to submit your papers about data mining and machine learning, especially given that all accepted papers will be published in the IEEE ICDM workshop proceedings, just like last year! Also, we are planning to have a special issue in a good SCI/EI journals for the best papers of the workshop (to be confirmed).
In particular, if you have some papers about high utility pattern mining (including topics such as high utility itemset mining, high utility episode mining or high utility sequential pattern mining), this is a perfect place to submit your papers 😉
But we are also looking for papers on other more general topics related to the concept of utility, such as to analyze/learning the important factors (eg, economic factors) in the data mining or machine learning process. Here is a non exhaustive list of some potential topics:
- Theory and core methods for utility mining and learning
- Utility patterns mining in large datasets, e.g., high-utility itemset mining, high-utility sequential patterns/rules mining, high-utility episode mining, and other novel patterns
- Analysis and learning of novel utility factors in mining and learning process
- Predictive modeling/learning, clustering and link analysis that incorporate utility factors
- Incremental utility mining and learning
- Utility mining and learning in streams
- Utility mining and learning in uncertain systems
- Utility mining and learning in big data
- Knowledge representations for utility patterns
- Privacy preserving utility mining/learning
- Visualization techniques for utility mining/learning
- Open-source software/libraries/platform
- Innovative applications in interdisciplinary domains, like finance, biomedicine, healthcare, manufacturing, e-commerce, social media, education, etc.
- New, open, or unsolved problems in utility-driven mining
The website of the UDML 2020 workshop is here:
Submissions are limited to 10 pages, and must be formatted according to the IEEE 2-column format(link) Papers will be evaluated based on the evaluation criteria of the main IEEE ICDM 2020 conference for research papers. In particular, papers must present original research that is not under consideration in other journals, conferences and workshops.