As some of you know, I am editor-in-chief of the Data Science and Pattern Recognition (DSPR) journal. This journal has started in 2017 and four volumes have been published already with 28 papers, which I consider as a success. One of the reason is that the DSPR journal has a strong editorial committee to select quality papers. Currently, we have big plans for the journal as this year, we should reach 40 papers and apply for EI indexing. This will help to make the journal grow much more quickly.
Recently, we have analyzed the citations for papers published in the DSPR journal, and here are the 10 most cited papers from DSPR:
- Philippe Fournier-Viger, Jerry Chun-Wei Lin, Rage Uday Kiran, Yun Sing Koh, and Rincy Thomas, “A Survey of Sequential Pattern Mining,” Data Science and Pattern Recognition, vol. 1(1), pp. 54-77, 2017. [citation: 277]
- King-Hang Wang, Subrota K. Mondal, Ki Chan, and Xiaoheng Xie, “A Review of Contemporary E-voting: Requirements, Technology, Systems and Usability,” Data Science and Pattern Recognition, vol. 1(1), pp. 31-47, 2017. [citation: 44]
- Bohdan Myroniv, Cheng-Wei Wu, Yi Ren, Albert Budi Christian, Ensa Bajo, and Yu-Chee Tseng, “Analyzing User Emotions via Physiology Signals,” Data Science and Pattern Recognition, vol. 1(2), pp. 11-25, 2017. [citation: 14]
- Chien-Ming Chen, King-Hang Wang, Tsu-Yang Wu, and Eric Ke Wang, “On the Security of a Three-party Authenticated Key Agreement Protocol based on Chaotic Maps,” Data Science and Pattern Recognition, vol. 1(2), pp. 1-10, 2017. [citation: 20]
- Chien-Ming Chen, Yenyu Huang, Eric Ke Wang, and Tsu-Yang Wu*, “Improvement of a Mutual Authentication Protocol with Anonymity for Roaming Service in Wireless Communications,” Data Science and Pattern Recognition, vol. 2(1), pp. 15-24, 2018. [citation: 14]
- Ja-Hwung Su, Wei-Yi Chang, and Vincent S. Tseng, “Integrated Mining of Social and Collaborative Information for Music Recommendation,” Data Science and Pattern Recognition, vol. 1(1), pp. 13-30, 2017. [citation: 10]
- Daniel Meana-Llorián, Cristian González García, Vicente García-Díaz, B. Cristina Pelayo G-Bustelo, and Nestor Garcia-Fernandez, “SenseQ: Replying questions of Social Networks users by using a Wireless Sensor Network based on sensor relationships,” Data Science and Pattern Recognition, vol. 1(1), pp. 1-12, 2017. [citation: 9]
- Raza Ul Mustafa, M. Saqib Nawaz, Javed Ferzund, M. Ikram Ullah Lali, Basit Shahzad, and Philippe Fournier-Viger, “Early Detection of Controversial Urdu Speeches from Social Media,” Data Science and Pattern Recognition, vol. 1(2), pp. 26-42, 2017. [citation: 8]
- Ko-Wei Huang, Chun-Cheng Lin, Yi-Ming Lee, and Ze-Xue Wu, “A Deep Learning and Image Recognition System for Image Recognition,” Data Science and Pattern Recognition, Vol. 3(2), pp. 1–11, 2019 [citation: 5]
- Xingsi Xue, Haiyan Yang, and Jie Zhang, “Using Population-based Incremental Learning Algorithm for Matching Class Diagrams,” Data Science and Pattern Recognition, vol. 3(1), pp. 1-8, 2019 [citation: 3]
Based on these numbers and the fact that there are 28 papers, a quick calculation indicates that the impact factor is currently higher than 14 for the journal.
The journal has a quick review time. If you have some papers, we are looking for them. Please submit them. I will really appreciate your support. 😉
Philippe Fournier-Viger is a full professor working in China and founder of the SPMF open source data mining software.