Full-time faculty positions at Harbin Institute of Technology Shenzhen Graduate School, Shenzhen, China
The Center of Innovative Industrial Design is currently looking to hire full-time faculty members at the rank of assistant professor, associate professor or professor, with expertise in one of the four following research directions:
1: Industrial product innovation and user perception Detection (HITSZ16-1601001)
The applicants should have a degree in computer science (e.g. artificial intelligence, data mining, machine learning, etc.), psychology (such as cognitive psychology, engineering psychology, quantitative research or psychology measurement, etc.), statistics, or other major related with quantitative research. The applicant should have a doctorate degree from a well-known university. If the applicant has a doctor degree from a domestic university, postdoctoral work experience overseas is preferred. Applicants who have the following professional or interdisciplinary background are preferred: physiological signal sensing and networks construction, physiological and psychological parameters testing and modeling, human-computer interaction and virtual reality, data visualization design, natural language processing, cognitive science and Neurology, etc. Candidates should have an excellent scientific research capability and be fluent in English teaching and communication.
2: Industrial Product Design of human-computer interface (HITSZ16-1601002)
The applicants should have a doctorate degree in mechanical or industrial design, computer science -ergonomics, digital media design or some related fields. The degree should have been obtained from a well-known university at home or abroad. If the doctorate degree has been obtained from a domestic university, postdoctoral work experience overseas is preferred. The candidate should have research experience in -human-computer interface design, including virtual or reality product interface design. The candidate should be proficient in computer programming or utilizing digital product design software. The candidate should have research experience in user research, interface research, and product-related sociological research. The candidate should be familiar with academic frontiers in human-computer interaction area, have excellent scientific research abilities, preferably have experience in interdisciplinary projects, and be fluent in English teaching and communication.
3: Industrial Environmental Design and Digital Research (HITSZ16-1601003)
The candidate should hold a doctorate degree in design from a well-known university. If the candidate holds a doctorate degree from a domestic university, postdoctoral work experience abroad will be preferred. The applicant should have interests in urban and industrial space design, architectural and spatial environment design, transport, equipment operation and other interior design, furniture, lighting, furnishing design and display design, etc.. The applicant should have a solid scientific research capability, be able to work in an interdisciplinary research environment, and be fluent in English teaching and communication.
4: Industrial product modeling and convey visual and auditory research (HITSZ16-1601004)
The candidate should hold a doctorate degree in design, or a related professional doctorate degree in fine arts from a well-known university at home or abroad. If the candidate holds a doctorate degree from a domestic university, postdoctoral work experience abroad will be preferred. The candidate should have professional interest in audio-visual communication design and practice, industrial product design, web design and digital media interface design, etc. The candidate should have excellent scientific research capability, be able to work in an interdisciplinary environment, be fluent in English for teaching and communication, and have strong creative design capabilities.
1. Teaching: The selected candidates will participate in the development of the discipline. S/he will develop and teach graduate and undergraduate courses, and supervise graduate students.
2. Research: The selected candidate should have a clear research direction, and be an active researcher for managing national, provincial, or municipal research projects or business research projects. He/she should have publications such as monographs, textbooks or papers in top journals as first author or corresponding author.
3. Discipline Construction: Work actively in discipline Construction, chair or participate in the discipline or teaching team.
4. Experiment: the candidate should actively participate in the development of the center
5. Other: it is expected that the selected candidate will carry out international cooperation and academic exchange activities, will chair or participate in international academic conferences, to expand the visibility and influence of the center and school; and that the selected candidate will actively participate in community service work, and perform other tasks stipulated in his/her contract.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the position(s), the candidate should submit the following application materials:
1. Application Letter
a) self-evaluation of professional quality, ability, and character
b) personal statement about research and teaching ability
c) work plan for this position
2. The Teaching and Research Job Application Form
3. CV in English and Chinese (if possible)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please email the contacts below with application materials as attachments and specify the applied position ID + your name.
Human resource contact person:
Ms. Wang, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Innovative Industrial Design Research Center Contact:
Dr. Yao, e-mail: email@example.com