- We are launching a new data mining journal
- What is the job of a university professor?
- Introduction to clustering: the K-Means algorithm (with Java code)
- Happy New Year!
- Introduction to time series mining with SPMF
- Plagiarism at Ilahia College of Engineering and Technology by Nasreen Ali A and Arunkumar M
- Postdoctoral position in data mining in Shenzhen, China (apply now)
- The KDDCup 2015 dataset
- What not to do when applying for a M.Sc. or Ph.D position?
- Discovering hidden patterns in texts using SPMF
Tag cloudacademic journal algorithm algorithms apriori articles big data characteristics classification comparison conference data mining data science datasets evaluation fpgrowth frequent pattern mining internet itemset mining java journal library M.Sc. map minsup open-source optimization paper papers pattern mining peer-review Ph.D. prefixspan programmer programming publications Research research advisor research papers sequential patterns software source code spmf thesis topic website writing
Number of visitors:373237
Tag Archives: algorithms
Today, I will discuss an important concept in data mining which is the use of constraints. Data mining is a broad field incorporating many different kind of techniques for discovering unexpected and new knowledge from data. Some main data mining … Continue reading
Hi, today, I will discuss how to compare data mining algorithms. This is an important question for data mining researchers who want to evaluate which algorithm is “better” in general or for a given situation. This question is also important … Continue reading
Hi, I have made a map to visualize the relationship between the 52 different data mining algorithms offered in the SPMF data mining software. You can view it in PNG format by clicking on the picture below: Or you can … Continue reading
In this post, I will discuss what it takes to be a good data mining programmer and how to become one. Data mining is a broad field that can be approached from several angles. Some people with a mathematical background will … Continue reading
Today, I will discuss about why it is important that researchers share their source code and data. As some of you know, I’m working on the design of data mining algorithms. More specifically, I’m working on algorithms for discovering patterns … Continue reading