- How to discover interesting patterns in data?
- Call for chapters: High Utility Pattern Mining, the book
- Introduction to the Apriori algorithm (with Java code)
- Do not link to impact factors, they will censor you!
- How to publish in top conferences/journals? (Part 2) – The opportunity cost of research
- Plagiarism by K. Raghu Naga Dhareswararao, T. Kishore
- The PAKDD 2017 conference (a brief report)
- Plagiarism by Bhawna Mallick and Kriti Raj at Galgotias College of Engineering & Technology
- How to publish in top conferences/journals? (Part 1) – The Blue Ocean Strategy
- This is why you should visualize your data!
Tag cloudacademia algorithm algorithms articles association rules big data comparison conference data mining data science datasets frequent pattern mining frequent patterns graph high-utility mining ilahia internet itemset mining java journal library M.Sc. open-source pakdd paper papers pattern mining Ph.D. phd plagiarism programmer programming publications Research research advisor research papers sequence sequential patterns software source code spmf thesis topic visualization website writing
Number of visitors:656595
Category Archives: Open-source
This blog post provides an introduction to the Apriori algorithm, a classic data mining algorithm for the problem of frequent itemset mining. Although Apriori was introduced in 1993, more than 20 years ago, Apriori remains one of the most important data mining algorithms, not … Continue reading
In this blog post, I will introduce the popular data mining task of clustering (also called cluster analysis). I will explain what is the goal of clustering, and then introduce the popular K-Means algorithm with an example. Moreover, I will briefly explain how an open-source Java implementation of … Continue reading
This blog post briefly explain how time series data mining can be performed with the Java open-source data mining library SPMF (v.2.06). It first explain what is a time series and then discuss how data mining can be performed on time series. What is … Continue reading
This tutorial will explain how to analyze text documents to discover complex and hidden relationships between words. We will illustrate this with a Sherlock Holmes novel. Moreover we will explain how hidden patterns in text can be used to recognize the author of a … Continue reading
In this blog post I will give an introduction to the discovery of periodic patterns in data. Mining periodic patterns is an important data mining task as patterns may periodically appear in all kinds of data, and it may be desirable to find them … Continue reading
This blog post is to let you know that I have just published a new version of the SPMF open-source Java data mining library (0.98) that offers a new window for visualizing the patterns found by data mining algorithms. This … Continue reading